About the role
Shopify is on a mission to scale our platform while simultaneously improving our shared developer experience. With the growth of product adoption and the release of exciting new features we need the help of passionate, detail-oriented, and flexible developers - Does this sound like it could be you?
The Core group handles the fundamentals - Merchandising, Logistics, Insights (help merchants use data to perform better) and Growth (make the world aware of what we are doing). We also build the shared platform & tools for all other Shopify teams. Our context is deep and our problem space complex, so we value collaboration and professional development. We’ve invested in test, build and deployment tools to improve both the quality of our software and the experience of creating it. We are a mature, efficient and effective organization and it shows in our product, which powers tens of billions of dollars of revenue for small and large entrepreneurs around the world.
Web developers at Shopify are solving real merchants problems by building the core features they rely on and developing tools and laying the foundation to make our teams more efficient. You’ll gain a ton of perspective as you connect with different people that work on related parts of Shopify.
You'll be working on:
- Building performant web applications that are responsive and accessible
- Collaborating with other disciplines across Engineering, UX, and Product to help develop front-end solutions for merchant problems
- Developing complex applications based on React and GraphQL
- Contributing to our shared design system and component library Polaris, and also to our other shared, open source libraries used to build applications
- Learning the latest front-end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best tools and techniques possible
- Advocating for great UX
- Writing and maintaining unit and integration tests
You'll need to have experience with:
- Developing front-end web applications that perform well on all devices using modern languages and frameworks
- Working with one or more modern web stacks (transpilers, linters, build and CI tools, etc.)
It’d be amazing if you have experience with:
- Doing performance optimizations on complex client-side applications
- Working in large and diverse teams
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support
We know that looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Perrine is an actual real live person (👋) and is looking forward to learning more about you and your interest in joining our team.