About the role
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans on slowing down. This requires a strong internal network infrastructure across our offices to make sure that everyone is connected to the services they need. We’re looking for someone to maintain our internal network infrastructure and to enhance our ability to prevent, detect, and respond to network performance issues. Specifically, we’re looking for someone that will take our Wifi infrastructure to the next level across all of our offices.
You'll have to be:
- Unafraid of operating in a high-stakes, fast-pace environment
- Comfortable working autonomously and getting things done
- Very knowledgeable about network protocols, services, standards, and their functionality
- Curious, proactive, detail oriented, and passionate about exploring the latest tech
It'd be great if you had experience with:
- Trouble isolation and remediation at layers 1-7 (IP, MAC, RF, and some application level).
- Designing, deploying and troubleshooting IP and wireless networks, which includes enterprise IP networking, Aruba Wireless Controllers, Aruba ClearPass, Aruba AirWave, and RF analysis
- Being an expert when it comes to practical Layer 2 and Layer 3 internetworking
- Being very comfortable with practical hands on Aruba WLAN and 802.11
- Experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs; mobile networking, and cloud networking
- Experience working in customer technical support roles; assessing and triage of troubles, managing trouble tickets, and trouble resolution.
- Experience in addressing multi-variable trouble environments
- Protocol analysis TCP/IP stack and PCAP
- Experience with Juniper and Aruba switches
- Project management experience/skills/background is a plus
You'll be working on things like:
- User support, network troubleshooting and related issues
- Helping maintain our internal network infrastructure (Wired and Wireless)
- Collaborating on projects to improve and enhance our networks
- Assisting the team with a ticketing system and project tracking tools
Some cool projects you'll get to work on:
- Building WiFi Networks for Shopify new offices across the globe
- Monitoring infrastructure using open source tools like nagios & icinga
- Creating dashboards and graphing data collected from network devices
Please address your cover letter to Sam Ribas, our Network Lead.