About the role
At Shopify, we care deeply about our people and offices. By cultivating a deep understanding of our people and offices, we’re able to design & operate unique spaces to share, scale, and encourage Shopifolk to do their best work.
As the Workplace & Property Manager based in Berlin, you will manage the real estate operation of our space and inform on its design. The right candidate for this role will take care to understand employee needs in order to make thoughtful operational and design recommendations.
This is a fast-moving role requiring a high degree of agility, grace under pressure, and an ability to adapt and pivot as needed. Ideally, you’re someone who enjoys navigating ambiguity, diving into the deep end, getting your hands dirty, and doing what it takes to get things done. You’ll be successful in this role if you’re detailed-oriented, highly-organized, have a sense of humour, and you have communication superpowers that enable you to build high-trust relationships.
- Speak and write English & German fluently
- Experience in workplace operations
- Experience working on commercial property projects and/or interior design teams
- Ability to travel within Europe to help support the operations of other Shopify European offices
- Effective people management and leadership skills with proven ability to influence at all levels
It would be great if you had experience with:
- A transferable technical skill (think AutoCAD, SketchUp, Microsoft Projects, etc)
- Worked with like-minded companies who value office culture
You will be working on such things as:
- Build trusting relationships with internal teams such: IT, Internal Solutions, Talent) and provide the best employee experience
- Working with and developing new tools (operational processes and/or best practices) to help support and manage our building operations
- Evaluating office occupancy and functional programming needs for space optimization
- Working on the design development and research for new office spaces
- Leading focus groups, workshops, surveys and other research initiatives
- Managing records, invoices, payments and document sharing
- Managing relationships with property managers and landlords
- Vetting, coordinating and hiring various trades as needed when tackling larger, more complex office maintenance project
What we offer
- Flourish in a culture of trust and ownership
- Speak English in an office with people of 30 nationalities
- Work in an international company with offices in cities such as: Vilnius, Berlin, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and Shenzhen
- Experience Town Hall, a weekly gathering of Shopifolk (both in office and remote!) to share context, experiences, and updates with all of Shopify
- Enjoy flexible working hours and a competitive compensation package (including equity, benefits, and perks)
- Benefit from a lifestyle spending account - a budget you can spend on a variety of things to help your life run smoothly, including wellness, transportation, and family care related expenses
- Bountiful professional growth opportunities, such as (training courses of your choice, books, conferences, business trips, etc.).
- Delicious lunches provided daily, the best tech needed for you job, and relocation packages if required
- Rewarding company wide events - team building day events, off-sites, and summits
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply for this job” button to submit your application.
Please note that this posting will close on September 30 at 9 am CET.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Office Manager||Internal Operations||Berlin - Office|