Building a billion-dollar business isn’t easy.
This October at Commerce+ Shopify’s founder and CEO Tobi Lütke and BeautyCon media founder and CEO Moj Mahdara spoke about what makes and maintains a billion-dollar business.
Spoiler: it’s the customers.
You could have the world’s best platform for making sales, but without customers, the billion-dollar business wouldn’t exist. Here we see a shift in mentality: Generating revenue isn’t the north star, but making commerce better for everyone.
For Lütke, it’s seeing how retailer pains are the roadmap to Shopify’s success as a software platform. For retailers, it’s keeping up with what their buyers engage with, or complain about.
Shopify’s billion-dollar business growth is a circle, not a straight line — and one that’s inherently built on support.
Watch Behind a Billion-Dollar Business:
- Back-to-School Ecommerce: Infographic & Lessons from $58.1B in Online Sales
- Artificial Intelligence: Armageddon or Nirvana? Experts Predict What Happens Next
- The Moment of Truth: Optimizing The High Consideration Zones of Your Website
- 14 Video Ads That Blew Our Minds In 2015
- How You Can Profit from Personalizing Content on Your Ecommerce Store
- Back-to-School Marketing: Ideas, Stats & How to Automate the “Other” Black Friday