Chances are, you’re really, really good at something. Perhaps it’s your development skills, your design eye, or your ability to turn simple words into copy that converts.
You’re likely attracting clients based on that core skill, which is exactly what you should be doing. But after building a relationship and fulfilling your initial contract with a client, why say goodbye? You’ve built a repertoire; you (hopefully) know they’ll pay you on time — these are the kind of people you should keep on your client roster.
We’ve created a free guide outlining how to continue earning income based on pre-established relationships using on-retainer contracts and upselling additional services.
Becoming a full-stack freelancer
Grow Vol. 2 — our second book aiming to help you grow your business — will challenge you to become a full-stack freelancer.
What does that mean? A full-stack freelancer is someone who is versatile, indispensable, and the type of person clients want to continue working with.
Each chapter of Grow Vol. 2 will walk you through an additional vertical where you can provide services and expertise to existing clients. We’ll cover how to solidify your skillset in fields like audience acquisition, analytics, and offline marketing. We’ll show you how to build an on-retainer contract so that you can rely on regular income from trusted clients.
This is your guide to becoming the kind of freelancer your clients can rely on for so much more than one initial project. By growing your roster of service offerings, and expanding your ability to work with existing clients, you’ll fast-track your way to success as a full-stack freelancer.
What you'll learn from Grow Vol. 2
This book contains 10 chapters from 10 authors, each an industry expert with years of experience working with clients. They share insights, templates, and advice to implement a whole new set of skills and services to offer your clients.
- Chapter 1: Introduction — Get a brief introduction into the ways you can expand your expertise to delight and retain existing clients.
- Chapter 2: Contracts | How to Build a Killer Long-Term Contract — Learn the basic elements needed for your long-term client contracts.
- Chapter 3: User Research | Helping Your Clients Understand Their Customers — Take a look at how user research can inform your design and content decisions for client projects.
- Chapter 4: Audience Acquisition | Finding (and Keeping) Customers for Your Clients — This chapter will cover various ways you can start helping your client discover and convert new customers.
- Chapter 5: Analytics | Becoming a Strategic Advisor on Client Data — Discover four techniques for measuring the success of your client's website and business.
- Chapter 6: A/B Testing | The ABCs of Conversion Optimization — Learn the ins and outs of website optimization and how you can leverage A/B testing to delight your existing clients.
- Chapter 7: SEO | Help Clients Improve Their Search Rankings — SEO can drive significant impact for your clients business. This chapter will walk you through the basics of implementing SEO into your web design projects.
- Chapter 8: Content Marketing | Create Compelling Content That Moves the Needle — Find out how content marketing is one of the best ways to build repeat business with your existing clients.
- Chapter 9: Videography | Unlocking the Power of Video Marketing — This chapter will teach you how to create a robust video marketing strategy and how you can start pitching video services to clients.
- Chapter 10: Offline Marketing | Creating Brand Experiences in the Real World — Learn four different offline marketing strategies that you can use to promote your clients in the real world.
Want a free copy?
Visit our new Guides page to get your free copy of Grow Vol. 2!
You can also download a copy of Grow Vol. 1 while you’re at it, which walks you through how to get your business off the ground.
Also, keep an eye out for us at conferences and events in your city — we’ll be handing out hard copies too.