Customer Success Guru (Anywhere in Ontario)
The Guru role is challenging, fast-paced, and rewarding. Each day you get to interact with merchants all over the world via phone, chat and email. There are times when you won’t know the answer so we’re looking for folks who are always up for a challenge and won’t stop until a solution is found. Guruland provides an opportunity to work independently and as the part of a larger supportive team. Watch our video to learn more about the role.
We are currently accepting applications for our early 2018 start date(s). We look forward to taking a look at your application and will get back to you regarding the status of your application within two weeks.
You’ll get to:
- Have a huge impact on merchant businesses and lives.
- Learn how to run your own store first hand.
- Learn about different industries.
- Work cohesively in a team to research and problem solve together.
- Work independently, own situations and determine your own path.
- Teach people about the platform.
- Interact with entrepreneurs from all over the world.
- Be yourself.
You'll need to (in no particular order):
- Live in Ontario.
- Have customer service experience.
- Be proficient with technology.
- Care about the details.
- Be a good communicator.
- Be creative & curious.
- Have strong reading & writing skills.
- Have a track record of getting sh*t done because you’re resourceful and don’t believe in roadblocks. You leave situations better than you found them.
- Be reliable, adaptable, and have good time management skills.
- Be a self-starter & hard working.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be empathetic.
It'd be great if you have:
- A background or interest in business, marketing and/or commerce.
- Ran or had exposure to running a business or being an entrepreneur.
Here's how to apply:
Please send us your most up to date resume & cover letter explaining why you want to be a Guru. Address your letter to Jolly Green Giant.
Last, but certainly not least have a blast diving into the questions on the next page by clicking Apply Now. Be creative and have fun with it, so we can get to know you :)
Note: If we'd like to chat we'll be inviting you to our Life Story interview to get to know you for 30 minutes and following we may have you complete our Gauntlet interview where you'll be required to jump into a role-playing exercise with one of our team members from our Guru Builder team. We highly recommend if you receive an invite to interview at Shopify that you sign-up for a free 14-day trial and create an online store to familiarize yourself with the platform as preparation for the Gauntlet.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Customer Support jobs are posted.