So you want to write for the Shopify Partner Blog? Well, you’re in the right place!
We help developers, particularly those who build and work with Shopify apps, and other technical professionals in the ecommerce industry grow their businesses by providing them with in-depth technical tutorials, actionable advice, and business how-tos.
We publish four or more long-form articles per month, which are authored by Shopify staff, Shopify Partners, Shopify Developers, and industry experts.
If you'd like to guest post on the Shopify Partner Blog, please read this page before sending in your pitch. We will not consider submissions that do not follow our guidelines.
In order for an article to be considered for publication on the blog, it must meet the following standards:
- It must be written for web designers, web, theme, and app developers, ecommerce consultants, and other creative professionals in the ecommerce industry. It should aim to help our audience grow their business, deepen their technical skills, or inspire their work.
- The article cannot be an advertisement for a service, brand, or product, nor can it be self-servingly promotional. Articles should attempt to present a balanced, well-rounded, and unbiased appraisal of a particular topic or technique.
- The article should be technically specific, highly detailed, and provide lasting value to our primary audience. A great piece of content offers actionable advice, step-by-step instructions, checklists, or code snippets.
- The article must be well-researched and fully supported. A great article features numerous case studies or examples; numbers, metrics, and other statistical measurements of success; and links to reputable sources.
- Content should be timely or address current industry trends.
- Shopify owns the rights to any and all content published on its platform. Shopify reserves the right to repurpose, republish, update, or remove contributed content at any time.
Here are some examples of quality content:
- Low-Code and No-Code Tools: Boost Your App and Theme Development Workflow
- How to Design a Great App Icon: What You Need to Know
- How to Build a Shopify App as a Front End Developer
- How to Run a Design Sprint for Your App Marketing Team
- 10 Ecommerce Trends That Will Define Online Shopping in 2022
Guest post guidelines
- We only consider original content. Posts cannot have appeared or been published elsewhere. Proper attribution must be used if you are quoting another expert, author, or article, otherwise it will be considered plagiarism and you will not be eligible to write for the Shopify Partner Blog for one year.
- Use the search box on the blog to make sure we haven't covered your topic already. Your guest post should fill a gap in our content, or present a unique angle on an already covered topic.
- Articles can range from 1,000 to 3,000 words.
- Consider what visual elements you might include with your post. We expect all submissions to include photos, graphics, and screenshots.
- Read a few posts on the blog to get a feel for the voice and tone we use.
- There are millions of entrepreneurs powering their businesses with Shopify. If you're looking for a business to feature or use as an example in your guest post, please remember that we prefer to give the spotlight to one of our own merchants.
- If you are a Shopify Partner or Developer, your account must be in good standing.
We reserve the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, as well as update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness. We also reserve the right to include calls-to-action to Shopify content, including but not limited to email newsletters, guides, and other downloadable content.
Have an idea for an article? Click the button below to send your pitch to the Shopify Partner Blog team.
Note: Due to the volume of requests we receive, we will not respond to unsuccessful submissions. If you don't hear back from us within two weeks, feel free to publish your guest post elsewhere.
Successfully pitched? Download our guide on how to actually write a blog post.