Shopify and Twilio are Holding a Contest!
Shopify, the ecommerce platform that makes it easy to set up online shops, is teaming up with Twilio, the platform for voice-over-phone, voice-online and SMS messaging, to create a developer contest where you’re challenged to write an app that makes use of both platforms.
Perhaps it’s an app that phones customers or sends them an SMS message when their order has been shipped. Or voice notification to a bricks-and-mortar store that tells the staff that a customer is coming to pick up their order. With a little creativity, some coding and our APIs, you can write an app that’s both useful and cool enough to win one of our prizes…
First prize is from Shopify: it’s Edward from Shopify’s preferred rig! A hot-rodded 11-inch Macbook Air with 256GB solid-state drive and 1.8 GHz CPU along with a gigantic 27-inch Apple Cinema Display. Small and light for when you’re on the go, a nice big screen for when you’re at home, the office of wherever you decide to keep the display and plenty of horsepower to build apps.
Second prize comes from Twilio and it’s a robot hacker’s dream: a stacked LEGO Mindstorms swag bag with the NXT 2.0, a bundle of touch, light and sound sensors, and a Bluetooth dongle to keep your creations connected. I, for one, welcome our new LEGO robot overlords.
Third prize is a joint Shopify/Twilio effort: a Kindle Fire, the newest multi-touch full-color hotness from the world of ebook readers.
We try to keep things simple – it’s about building cool apps, not being buried in regulations!
- Entries must be submitted by 11:59 PM PST Sunday December 11th.
- Entries must use Twilio and Shopify APIs
- Entry cannot be an app that has previously won a Twilio Developer Contest
- Bonus points for submission to the Twilio App Gallery and the Shopify App Store
- Extra bonus points for use of Twilio Client
Okay, How Do I Get In on This Action?
- Find out more about the contest on the Twilio blog.
- Start working on an app!
- Check out the Shopify API documentation and the Twilio docs.
- Enter the contest using by using this form.
- Ask questions on the Twilio forums.
- Ask questions on the Shopify API Google Group.
- Email the Twilio help email address.
- Email me at email@example.com.