B2B and DTC, in one place
Grow and run your wholesale business on Shopify Plus with tools optimized for flexibility and customization, for all your buyers.
From wholesale to direct to consumer, the world’s leading brands trust Shopify Plus with all their business
B2B ecommerce with the full power of Shopify
Sell wholesale together with the rest of your business from one intuitive admin, no apps or coding required.
Designed for B2B buying
Tailor the end-to-end experience for each buyer with customized product and pricing publishing, quantity rules, and payment terms.
Our B2B process was manual and time consuming. In order to scale, we needed an easier way to cater to these B2B customers. That’s where B2B on Shopify comes in.
B2B on Shopify
Built-in features for everything wholesale
Represent multiple buyers and locations with unique payment terms and user permissions.
NewCustomer-specific product publishing
Offer a curated buying experience with product catalogs assigned to a specific buyer or location.
Personalized B2B store
Create a unique buying experience for each customer with Liquid support for store themes, email templates, and branding.
Create conditional rules for products and variants, including minimums and maximums, case packs, and increments.
Set customer-specific prices and assign them right to the company profile without the use of tags or apps.
Net payment terms
Automatically assign payment terms while tracking and collecting on orders as they become due in the admin.
Optimize your order process by adding custom data fields to companies and locations.
Encourage recurring sales by making it easy for customers to reorder frequently.
NewFlexibility getting paid
Streamline the order process with drafts, payment reminders, invoices, and due-on-fulfillment terms.
NewCheckout to draft
Simplify workflows and quote proposals with the ability to review and approve orders in the admin.
NewVaulted credit cards
Speed up payment processes by letting customers securely store their card on file at checkout or in customer accounts.
NewCustomizable B2B logic
Build delivery and payment logic tailored to your customers right in the checkout using Shopify Functions.
Scale your operations with hands-off purchasing and order tracking for easy account management.
Reach wholesale customers around the world with localized storefronts, currencies, and tax exemptions.
Fast to launch and integrate with your systems
Spend less time managing multiple platforms with Shopify’s flexible integrations, open APIs, and automated order processing.
All you need to know about B2B on Shopify
The best of Shopify, now available for wholesale. B2B on Shopify is a suite of first-party features integrated right in the Shopify admin. That means access to advanced customization for themes, pricing, and checkout as part of your Shopify Plus plan.
Instead of a third-party app or sales channel, B2B on Shopify gives you the freedom to choose between either one online store for both DTC and wholesale (with a B2B checkout and authentication)—or a dedicated B2B store to keep your operations separate. Whichever option you choose, your buyers will have customer-specific pricing, payment terms, tax exemptions, and more. All managed within the new company profile in your Shopify admin, without complex workarounds or coding needs.
Everything you need to run your wholesale business on Shopify. The first five features are the most essential for your B2B business from day one:
- Companies: Create wholesale company profiles with multiple locations and associated buyers.
- Product publishing and pricing: Offer a personalized buying experience with curated product selections and price lists. This includes flexible purchasing rules, percentage-based pricing, and discounts, all assigned to a specific buyer or location.
- Flexible payment options: Create automated net payment terms, draft orders, vaulted credit cards and invoicing to streamline the order process.
- B2B checkout: Show wholesale pricing during accelerated checkout based on company profile.
- Customer accounts: Authenticate buyers before they can access wholesale products and pricing, and view and manage account information and order history.
You can also take advantage of custom themes, discounts, Shopify Functions, and Shopify APIs. Learn more about B2B on Shopify
B2B on Shopify is the next step in Shopify’s investment in B2B ecommerce. More ongoing foundational and complex wholesale features will be released in 2023 and beyond.
Here are the main differences:
- B2B on Shopify is built right into the core Shopify admin. That means everything you love about your DTC online store is now available for B2B selling.
- You can now operate a blended online store for both B2B and DTC customers. They place orders through the same store, but B2B customers authenticate themselves by email address before seeing buyer-specific information, pricing, and payment terms.
- With access to APIs, you can connect your wholesale store to your ERP, CRM, or other systems you rely on.
New purpose-built B2B features like company profiles allow you to properly represent the companies you sell to and offer a buying experience customized for B2B.
Shopify’s all-new B2B ecommerce solution is flexible enough to support merchants just expanding into wholesale, as well as B2B-only businesses with years of experience and more complex needs.
If you’re a retail business selling wholesale, here’s how to start:
- Set up your current retail or online store to support wholesale customers
- Use price lists to reduce your retail prices by percentage or fixed amounts
- Add payment terms on B2B orders and tax exemptions to company profiles
If you’re on a Shopify Plus plan, B2B on Shopify is included at no extra cost.
Ready to upgrade? Talk to a Shopify Plus expert
The first question you should ask is if a B2B ecommerce platform can accommodate the way you sell to your wholesale buyers. Creating an extensive list of your current wholesale ecommerce needs will help you decide which solution is right for you.
Typically, your list will include things like customer-specific pricing, automated payment terms, promotions and discounts, and reordering capabilities.
Need more help? Talk to a B2B on Shopify expert