Twitter has long been a place people get to know brands and learn about new products—79% of people on Twitter say they like to discover what's new. Although it takes time and effort to grow a Twitter following, the result is an engaged community with whom you can share your latest product offerings, receive feedback, give updates, and join in the broader conversation.
And now that relationship can go one step further.
From today, Shopify merchants can start using and benefiting from Twitter sales channel, which lets you put your products directly in front of your customers on Twitter. You can connect with an audience already following and engaged with your brand, reach new, enthusiastic customers excited to talk about your products, and manage it entirely within Shopify.
The Twitter sales channel will take your social media strategy to the next level, with customers able to discover products from your profile. 76% of people surveyed by Twitter* agree that conversations on Twitter have resulted in them making a purchase, so why not position your brand for a slice of these sales by installing this new sales channel?
Note: The Twitter sales channel is available to all U.S.-based merchants selling physical products with a Twitter Professional Account.
Turn Your Followers into Shoppers with Twitter Shopping
The Twitter sales channel features, Shop Spotlight and Twitter Shops, can be used for no additional cost by eligible businesses in the US. The sales channel lets you pair your store with one of the biggest social media platforms in the world, displaying shoppable products directly on your profile.
You can choose how you display your product offerings, showcasing up to five items on a carousel with Shop Spotlight or highlighting up to 50 products on Twitter Shops, which is accessed via a button on your profile. Once a buyer clicks on a product, they are taken to that product’s display page on your Shopify store where they can checkout.
At this time, U.S. shoppers on iOS devices can view and engage with Twitter Shops, and U.S. shoppers on Android and iOS devices can see the Shop Spotlight.
Businesses spend countless hours building Twitter followers and interacting with customers. Now, those conversations can become conversions with Twitter Shopping enabling discovery and purchases. The app is already generating buzz, with 93% of heavy Twitter users surveyed* saying they’re likely to purchase through Twitter Shopping features.
🛍 What’s Available with Twitter Shopping?
- Product discovery on your Twitter profile. The Twitter sales channel automatically syncs your Shopify products to your Twitter profile, including images, titles, and descriptions.
- Curate a Shop Spotlight or a Twitter Shop. Choose how you want to present your Shopify products on your profile: a Twitter Shop showing up to 50 items or a Shop Spotlight carousel displaying up to five.
- Manage it all from your Shopify dashboard. Check your storefront’s status directly from your Twitter Shopping Manager in your Shopify dashboard.
- Grow your audience. Use Twitter’s Ads platform to create a campaign designed to help you build an audience and drive more traffic to your shoppable profile.
And do it all with a simple, three-step installation process that will have you selling via Twitter in minutes.
Read the guide: How to Sell on Twitter Direct from Shopify
🤔 How Do I Get Started on Twitter Shopping?
The Twitter sales channel is free and easy to install on your store from the Shopify App Store.
To use the Twitter sales channel, you must be based in the US, sell physical products, and have a Twitter Professional Account, which you can get for free.
Once you’ve added Twitter Shopping as a sales channel on your store, there are just three steps to complete:
- Create your first Product Set, give it a name, and add products to the collection.
- Choose how you want to display your product: a smaller Shop Spotlight carousel under your bio or a more extensive Twitter Shop.
- Publish to your profile!
After that, US Twitter users on mobile will be able to start browsing your brand’s product directly on your profile.
*Source: Twitter internal data, 2021