We’re a few days out from the end of 2018, and what a ride it’s been. 🚀
For us on Shopify’s Web Design and Development Blog, it’s been a year of big launches and announcements—from the excitement at Unite, to the new Shopify App Store, to our ongoing What’s New at Shopify series and our brand new Developer Digest, we’ve been covering all the big news impacting our Shopify Partners around the world.
But beyond the big launches, one of the best parts about working on this blog is seeing what topics interest you most—what articles caught your attention this year, and which ones resonated as you build your businesses as designers, developers, marketers, and ecommerce professionals. This year, we saw a variety of posts catch your eye—from tools that help you work smarter, to technical tutorials, and new trends in design, you showed us what matters most to you.
So here they are, in no particular order—the top 10 posts of 2018 on Shopify’s Web Design and Development Blog. Thank you for a great year, and onwards to 2019.
What do you want to see on the blog in 2019?
Have an idea for a topic you’d like to see covered on the blog? We want to hear it! Visit the comments below and let us know what topics will help you grow your business and achieve new heights in 2019.
1. Announcing the Winners of the 2017 Shopify Commerce Awards
2. 5 Essential Freelancer Tools for 2018
3. Building Nested Navigations with Shopify Link List
4. Canonical URLs: What Are They and Why Are They Important?
5. How to Use Liquid to Create Custom Landing Page Templates
6. The Smart Content Marketing Funnel - A Guide on Matching Content Types to the Customer Buying Stage
7. Inclusive Design: 12 Ways to Design for Everyone
8. UI of the Future: Conversational Interfaces
9. How to Add CSS Text Animation to Custom Themes
10. The Power of the Dark Side: Dark User Interfaces
Looking forward to 2019
Thanks for reading Shopify’s Web Design and Development Blog this year. We hope that you found useful resources and tools to help you build your business and serve merchants the world over. Stay tuned for more in the new year, and have a great holiday.
Have an idea for a post for Shopify’s Web Design and Development Blog in 2019? If you want to write it yourself, pitch us. Otherwise, share your ideas in the comments below!