As we prepare to ring in the new year, we wanted to take some time to look back at 2014.
Here are some of the exciting things that happened at Shopify this year:
- We launched Shopify Mobile so that merchants can sell on the go.
- We released our Embedded Apps SDK so you can embed apps right into Shopify’s admin.
- We expanded our service offerings with our enterprise plan" rel="noopener noreferrer">Shopify Plus enterprise plan.
- We celebrated 100,000 stores using Shopify (a number which has grown significantly since then).
- We created this blog (and have plans to continue expanding in the new year)!
- We built Timber, Shopify’s theme framework.
- We ran a Dribbble Playoff where 238 designers depicted what design meant to them. (Teaser: If you missed this one, keep your eyes out in the new year…)
- We named four Shopify Experts as winners of our 4th Build A Business Competition.
- We saw ecommerce traffic from mobile" rel="noopener noreferrer">more than half of all ecommerce traffic coming from mobile devices.
- We opened up this year’s Shopify Build A Business Competition for Partners (you still have lots of time to enter, by the way, and you can use this tool kit to help you).
- We launched our new Responsive Checkout.
Can’t wait to show you what we have in store for 2015. Wishing you all a happy holidays and an even happier new year.