Shopify Tap & Chip Card Reader
This device accepts both chip and contactless payments and supports major payment methods such as Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Apple Pay, and Google Pay.
The device can be connected wirelessly to your tablet or mobile phone and is designed to be comfortable to hold and easy to take with you wherever you're selling.
To use this card reader, your store's country must match your account currency and physical selling location. Learn more about compliance, here.
Credit Card Acceptances
- 24/7 support is available for this product whenever you need it
- Free shipping and free 30 day returns
- Standard 1-year warranty or an extended 2-year warranty on POS Pro
By adding this product to cart and placing my order, I agree to the End User Terms
To use this device, you need to enable Shopify Payments on your store. Learn more.
- Accepts chip and contactless payments
- Shopify POS protects card data per PCI DSS requirements
- EMV certified to keep both you and your customers safe
- Connects wirelessly to your tablet or mobile phone using Bluetooth
- Designed to be comfortable to hold and take with you wherever you’re selling
- Model Number: S1801
- Height: 0.51 inches
- Length: 3.39 inches
- Width: 2.83 inches
- Weight: 0.2 lbs
- Bluetooth 4.2+
- Apple iOS 13.0+
- Android 7.0+
- 1 x Shopify Tap & Chip Card Reader
- 1 x USB cable for charging
How to connect Tap & Chip card reader
Step 1: Turn on the reader
- Press and release the power button to turn on the Tap & Chip reader.
Step 2: Access Shopify POS settings
- Open Shopify POS on your device.
- Tap on the menu icon (≡) located in the top-left corner of the screen.
- From the dropdown menu, select "Settings".
Step 3: Set up hardware
- In the Settings menu, choose "Set up hardware".
Step 4: Select the card reader
- Tap on the "Card reader" option.
Step 5: Choose Tap & Chip reader
- On the "Select Reader" page, tap on "Tap & Chip".
Step 6: Prepare the reader for pairing
- Press and hold the power button on the Tap & Chip reader for 4 seconds.
- Release the power button when the 4 LED indicator lights across the top start flashing back and forth in blue.
- Note: If you continue holding the power button, the reader will turn off.
Step 7: Connect the reader
- Once the Tap & Chip reader appears beneath "Available card readers" on your device, tap on "Connect" beside it.