Shopify App Store Promotion Policy
These terms (“Terms”) explain the eligibility criteria and redemption conditions for a program that enables certain Shopify Merchants to receive credits (the “App Credits”) that can be used on certain Apps distributed on the Shopify App Store (the “App Credit Promotion”). By participating in the App Credit Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Terms and the Shopify Merchant Terms of Service (the “Shopify TOS”). Capitalized terms not otherwise defined here follow their definitions in the Shopify TOS. The “App Credit Promotion Term” begins on Apr 17, 2023 and will conclude on a date determined by Shopify, in its sole discretion.
- During the App Credit Promotion Term, Shopify Merchants may sign up for the Shopify Services after being notified that they are eligible for the App Credit Promotion.
- To qualify for App Credits, a Shopify Merchant must (a) create up to five new Stores; (b) pay their first monthly bill for Shopify Services; and (c) have an active Store in good standing at the time App Credits are granted (the “Qualifying Conditions”).
- The amount of App Credits to be awarded (the “Total App Credit Amount”) will be determined by Shopify in its sole discretion and shown at the time the Shopify Merchant is notified of their eligibility.
- App Credits are non-transferable, not valid for cash or cash equivalent, cannot be combined with other offers, and must be used in the currency in which they were received.
- App Credits may take up to 7 days from the fulfillment of the Qualifying Conditions to be issued. Shopify will send an email (the “Notification Email”) to the Shopify Merchant notifying them that the App Credits have been issued.
- App Credits will be applied to any Eligible App purchased within the first twelve months after the date of the Notification Email, up to the Total App Credit Amount. App Credits will not be retroactively applied to Eligible Apps purchased and paid for before the date of the Notification Email. Credits will be reflected in the Shopify Merchant’s bill for the period in which the Eligible Apps were purchased.
- Eligible Apps include any App listed on the App Store except for A2X, AdRoll, Algolia, Awin Affiliate Marketing, Bazaarvoice, Bench Accounting, Black Crow AI, Braze, Carthook Checkout, Cdiscount Marketplace, ClearSale, Clever Reach - Email Marketing, Constant Contact, Criteo Sales Ads Growth, Delighted Customer Service, Dor, EasyShip, Emotive SMS Marketing, Endear, Flippa Data Insights, Freshbooks, Freshworks, Global E, Gusto - Payroll & HR, Impact Affiliate and Influencer, Iterable, Klaviyo Marketing Automation, MailChimp, Marsello, MyDeal, Nosto, NTWRK, Omnisend Email Marketing & SMS, Packlink Pro, Parabola, Pirate Ship, Privy, QuickBooks Online + Commerce / QuickBooks Connector, Recharge, Retention Science (ReSci), Route Shipping Insurance, Shipbob, Riskified, Sell To TJX Canada, SendCloud, SendOwl, ShareASale, Shippit, Shippo, Signifyd Fraud, Smile Rewards and Loyalty, Sprout Social, Squareshot Product Photography, Stamped.io, Track and Engage / Returns Center, Twenga, UPS InsureShield, Vimeo, Wanelo, Weglot Translate, Xero, Yotpo Product Reviews & Photos, and Zendesk, Zipify Apps - One Click Upsell.
- Shopify Merchants are responsible for any tax liability resulting from App Credits.
- Shopify reserves the right to review, investigate, and disqualify any App Credits that are obtained in violation of these Terms.
- Shopify reserves the right to cancel the App Credit Promotion or to change these Terms at any time in its sole discretion. Any notice provided by us with respect to these Terms will be deemed provided the day it is posted on our website. The App Credit Promotion is subject to modification or termination at any time without notice at Shopify’s sole discretion.
- These Terms and the App Credit Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
Last updated Apr 12, 2023