Shopify Sales Rebate Promotion
The Shopify Sales Rebate Promotion ("Promotion") allows you to earn cash rebates based on your gross sales, paid to your Shopify Balance money management account. Cash rebates are issued in accordance with the terms below. You must have a Shopify Balance account to participate in the promotion.
To participate, you agree to be bound by these terms, which become part of the Shopify Merchant Terms of Service (the "Shopify TOS"). Capitalized terms not otherwise defined here follow their definitions in the Shopify TOS.
- Merchants who are offered the opportunity to participate in the Promotion are eligible to earn the Rebate. Merchants must meet the following conditions:
- Complete signup for a free trial by February 11, 2024.
- Be eligible for and have a completed set up of both their Shopify Payments and Shopify Balance accounts.
- Sign up for one of the Shopify service subscription plans while the Promotion is available: "Basic", "Shopify", "Advanced," or "Retail Plan (altogether "Qualifying Plans"). If you change to a non-qualifying plan or go "inactive," during the Rebate Period, you are no longer eligible for the Promotion.
- Have their Store country set to the United States (excluding the US Virgin Islands). Changes to Store country may result in ineligibility to earn the Rebate.
- If you cancel your Merchant account or Store, or if your account is "frozen" by Shopify (for example, for potential Shopify TOS violations), you are no longer eligible for the Promotion.
- You may earn the Rebate on up to a maximum of 5 Stores per Merchant account. You will no longer be eligible for the Shopify Payments Rebate if you: (i) become ineligible for Shopify Payments or Shopify Balance, (ii) are in violation of these terms, the Shopify TOS, or the Shopify Payments Terms of Service, or (iii) you no longer are subscribed to a Qualifying Plan while the Promotion is active.
- The Rebate may be earned during the "Rebate Period." The Rebate Period is a period of 6 months, beginning on the date you first select a Qualifying Plan. Sales that occur outside of the Rebate Period are not eligible to be included to calculation of gross sales processed by Shopify Payments.
- Merchants may receive a 1% rebate of gross sales (up to a maximum of $500,000 (USD) in gross sales) made during the Rebate Period that are processed through Shopify Payments ("Rebate").
- Rebates are not to exceed the Shopify Payments processing fees paid to Shopify.
- The Rebate is calculated based only on gross sales of transactions processed using Shopify Payments.
- The Rebate is deposited into your Shopify Balance account on a monthly basis. The Rebate payment may take up to ten (10) days from the end of your monthly period to be applied to your Shopify Balance account.
- Customer sales refunds will be deducted from the Rebate Amount, and may be reflected in the next month’s Rebate payout.
Other Fees, Taxes, Liability
- You remain responsible for all other Fees payable under the Shopify TOS and the Shopify Payments Terms of Service, including, without limitation, foreign exchange fees and third-party transaction fees that are applicable when processing transactions using a third-party payment provider ("Additional Fee"). You are not entitled to any rebate on any such Additional Fees.
- You are responsible for any and all tax liability resulting from earning the Rebate.
Additional Terms Apply
- When using Shopify Payments, you are required to comply with the applicable Shopify Payments Terms of Service. Shopify reserves the right to cancel or terminate the Shopify Payments Rebate for non-compliance with any of such terms.
- Eligibility; Cancellations: Determinations of eligibility for this offer will be made in Shopify’s sole discretion. Shopify reserves the right to any remedy, including cancellation of your account or promotional credits, if fraud, tampering, technical errors, or violations of Shopify’s TOS or the Shopify Payments Terms of Service are suspected.
- Changes; Termination: Shopify reserves the right to cancel or change the Promotion or these terms at any time in its sole discretion.
- Notice: Any notice provided by us with respect to these terms will be deemed provided the day it is posted on our website.
- Governing law: These terms and this Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
- Severability: If any provision in these terms is deemed invalid, void, or unenforceable, such provision (or the portion of it that is making it invalid, void or unenforceable) will be struck and not affect the validity of and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Last updated February 22, 2024