As merchants scale and grow with Shopify Plus, their needs become more complex and specific. This creates an opportunity for Shopify app developers to step up and help address those advanced needs.
But standing out to these brands can be challenging. Plus merchants need to know that your app can handle their specific requirements, and you need a way to prove that your product can manage their complex needs. This is why we’ve introduced the Shopify Plus Certified App Program—a program for developers who provide a level of product quality that meets the advanced requirements of Shopify Plus merchants.
Let’s jump into what this means for you.
Build apps for Shopify merchants
Whether you want to build apps for the Shopify App Store, offer custom app development services, or are looking for ways to grow your user base, the Shopify Partner Program will set you up for success. Join for free and access educational resources, developer preview environments, and recurring revenue share opportunities.Sign up
What is the Shopify Plus Certified App Program?
The Shopify Plus Certified App Program is for best-in-class technology solutions chosen for their quality and alignment with Plus merchant needs. Each app is formally reviewed by the Shopify App Review and Quality Assurance Team, to ensure it meets advanced requirements in the areas of performance, security, privacy, and support.
Apps that meet the application requirements are then added to the Shopify Plus Certified App Partner Directory and a dedicated collection within the Shopify App Store. This lets Shopify Plus merchants easily identify which apps are best suited to solving their specific needs.
The benefits for Shopify app developers
Being a Shopify Plus Certified App Partner comes with a number of benefits for developers. In addition to being included in exclusive Shopify Plus directories, you’ll also gain access to special channels to help support you on your business journey. These include:
- Strategic partnership managers: Every Shopify Plus Certified App Partner will be connected with a strategic partnership manager at Shopify. This person will act as your day-to-day contact and will help you identify, nurture, and realize opportunities.
- Technical consultations: Certified app partners will gain exclusive access to our developer success team, who will share updates on our roadmap, help with technical enablements, and guide you through enhancements to our API and platform capabilities.
- Greater visibility: Certified app partners will be provided with an exclusive program badge to be used across their online and offline assets. These badges give partners heightened visibility to Plus merchants.
- More referrals: Being a part of the Shopify Plus Certified App Program means that your app will be recommended more often to merchants by internal Shopify teams.
You might also like: How to Get More App Downloads in the Shopify App Store.
What we’re looking for and how to apply
To apply to the Shopify Plus Certified App Program, please review the criteria and submit your application online.
This program will require that all partners provide the following:
- Support: 24/7 access to app partner support
- Security and privacy: Trusted and secure information and data handling
- Performance: Advanced app performance and integration standards
In particular, we're looking for partners who have a record of success with Shopify Plus merchants, and who complement Shopify's platform. Your app should introduce or enhance existing capabilities. We're inspired by developers that focus on doing one thing very well, giving merchants new ways to start, sell, and scale together.
As an example of the kind of capabilities we’re looking for in applicants, take a look at our current certified app partners and the kind of solutions their apps provide.
- Affiliate marketing: Refersion, Carro, Impact
- Business intelligence and reporting: Grow.com, Daasity, Yaguara
- Conversion optimization: Justuno, Privy, Lucky Orange
- Customer support: Gorgias, Kustomer, Gladly
- Loyalty and rewards: Annex Cloud, LoyaltyLion, Smile.io, Swell Rewards, Rise.ai
- Marketing automation: dotdigital, Emarsys, Klaviyo, Listrak, Zaius, Omnisend, Bluecore
- Mobile apps: Plobal Apps, Tapcart
- Order and inventory management: Sellbrite, ShipHero, Katana MRP
- Personalization: HiConversion, Nosto, LimeSpot
- Product information management (PIM): Jasper, Salsify
- Retail + POS: Dor, Endear, Marsello
- Returns management: Loop Returns, Returnly
- Reviews and user generated content: Okendo, Pixlee, Yotpo, Stamped.io
- Search: Findify, Instant Search +, Klevu, Searchspring
- Shipping solutions: Shippo, Easyship, ShipperHQ, ShipStation
- Taxes: Avalara
- Trust and security: NoFraud, Signifyd, ClearSale, Rewind, Riskified
- Messaging and notifications: Postscript, PushOwl, Octane AI, Attentive, SMSBump
- Third party fulfillment: Shipbob, ShipHero Fulfillment
- Inventory management: Veeqo Inventory and Fulfillment
You might also like: Ads on the Shopify App Store: A New Channel for App Growth.
Offer the best in technology solutions
Over the coming year, we will be certifying new app partners in the most important and innovative technology categories in commerce. Designed with merchants and partners at the forefront, the Shopify Plus Certified App Program is a new approach that will continue to keep pushing the boundaries of commerce, together.
If you’re a Shopify Partner building technology solutions, join us in building for some of the biggest brands in the world.
Apply to the Shopify Plus Certified App Program
Applications are now open to join the Shopify Plus Certified App Program. Demonstrate your dedication to performance, security, privacy, and support and be included in our exclusive Shopify Plus directories.Apply now