Subscription Domain Promotion
The Subscription Domain Promotion (“Promotion”) allows you to earn promotional credits that may be used towards the cost of a domain or a subscription plan in your invoice for Shopify plans (“Promotional Credit”).
To participate, you agree to these terms, which become part of the Shopify Merchant Terms of Service (the “Shopify TOS”). Capitalized terms not otherwise defined here follow their definitions in the Shopify TOS.
How to Earn Promotional Credits
- You may earn Promotional Credit if: (a) you have been invited to participate in the Promotion through the Shopify website, (b) you connect, buy, or register a custom domain, (c) your successfully pay for one billing cycle for an Eligible Plan, (d) and your Store is compliance with the Shopify TOS (altogether, the “Earning Criteria”).
- “Eligible Plan” means the Shopify paid trial (upgraded from a free trial), Shopify Basic, Shopify, or Advanced services plan. If you change your plan to one that is not eligible the Promotion will no longer be valid.
- Activities completed before you are invited to participate in the Promotion are not eligible to earn Promotional Credit. You must successfully complete the Earning Criteria while the Promotion is active.
- You may earn a maximum of 1 Promotional Credit per Store, up to 5 Stores per Merchant account.
- Redemption: The Promotional Credit may only be redeemed to pay Shopify service subscription plan fees for a “Basic,” “Shopify,” or “Advanced” plan (altogether “Qualifying Plans”) or domain fees. Promotional Credits may not be applied to any other Shopify provided service, application, purchase, taxes, shipping or delivery charges, or toward the purchase of gift cards.
- Awarding credits: Credits can take up to 7 days from completion of the Earning Criteria to be applied to an account. Shopify will send an email alerting you that their Promotional Credits will be applied towards a future invoice for Qualifying Plans. Shopify Merchants paying on an annual plan basis will receive the Promotional Credit applied to their next annual bill.
- Expiration or termination: Promotional Credit expires after 180 days. If you cancel your Merchant account or store, or if your account is “frozen” by Shopify (for example, for potential Shopify TOS violations), Promotional Credit expires after 60 days
- Amounts may vary: Promotional Credit amounts awarded may vary depending on your Store’s geographic location, and are specified in the Promotion invitation or any accompanying materials. Changes to Store country may result in ineligibility to earn Promotional Credit. Promotional Credit amounts will be determined by Shopify in its discretion.
- Non-Transferable, non-refundable: Promotional Credits are non-transferable, not valid for cash or cash equivalent, cannot be combined with other offers, and must be used in the currency in which they were received. Payments made using Promotional Credits are non-refundable.
- Taxes and liability: You are responsible for any and all tax liability resulting from earning Promotional Credit.
- Eligibility; cancellations: Determinations of eligibility for this offer will be made in Shopify’s sole discretion. Shopify reserves the right to any remedy, including cancellation of your account or promotional credits, if fraud, tampering, technical errors, or violations of Shopify’s TOS are suspected.
- Change; termination: Shopify reserves the right to cancel or change the Promotion or these terms at any time in its sole discretion.
- Notice: Any notice provided by us with respect to these terms will be deemed provided the day it is posted on our website.
- Governing law: These terms and this Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
- Severability: If any provision in these terms is deemed invalid, void, or unenforceable, such provision (or the portion of it that is making it invalid, void or unenforceable) will be struck and not affect the validity of and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
Last updated Aug 18, 2023