The Shopify Blog is an industry leading source for all things commerce, with over 200,000 email subscribers. We publish daily articles written by our in-house team, along with the occasional guest blog by experts in their field.
If you'd like to guest post on the Shopify Blog, please read this page before sending in your submission.
Content Quality Requirements
We look for 10X content. This means posts that are well researched with lots of hands-on tips, including ample screenshots to showcase examples or explain any tools and workflows, as well as data/research and examples from around the web to back up advice. Usually about 1,500–1,800 words does the trick but more is fine.
Most of our readers are ecommerce entrepreneurs who expect high-quality, actionable content. They should finish reading your article, then spend the rest of the day putting all your expert advice into action.
These are good examples:
- Selling Your Shopify Store: How One Entrepreneur Cashed Out and Made $81K
- 7 Automated Email Campaigns that Win Customers and Keep Them Coming Back
- How to Make Your First $1000 With Reddit Ads
- Ecommerce Email Marketing: 10 Tips to Boost Product Sales
- 5 Ecommerce Design Mistakes that Could Be Killing Your Sales
- Why Online Retailers Are Losing 67.45% of Sales and What to Do About It
Guest Post Guidelines
To improve your chances of success, please do the following:
- Use the search box on the blog to make sure we haven't covered your topic already. Your guest post should fill a gap in our content, or present a unique angle on an already covered topic.
- Read a few posts on the blog to get a feel for the voice and tone we use. While the advice you're sharing should be interesting to experts, it should still be easy for anyone to read and understand.
- There are over 275,000 entrepreneurs powering their businesses with Shopify. If you're looking for a business to feature or use as an example in your guest post, please remember that we prefer to give the spotlight to one of our own merchants.
It should go without saying that we only consider original content. We reserve the right to edit and adapt your guest blog content as we see fit, as well as update it in the future for accuracy and comprehensiveness. We also reserve the right to include calls-to-action to Shopify content, including but not limited to email newsletters, guides, and other downloadable content.
How To Submit a Guest Post
To submit your guest, please email it as an attachment to guestpost @ shopify . com.
Along with your guest post, make sure to include:
- Links to other content you have published
- A short bio
- Your headshot
If your submission is successful, we will get back to you within two weeks.
Note: Due to the volume of requests we receive, we will not respond to unsuccessful submissions. If you don't hear back from us within two weeks, feel free to publish your guest post elsewhere.