Creative shirt company names do more than sound catchy
A name is far more than just a word—it’s a crucial opportunity to make a first and lasting impression that sets the tone for everything your business stands for. A funny name like Turtle Pope Tees, for example, effectively sets the stage for a brand that specializes in meme-centric graphic t-shirts.
Here are a few signs of well-thought-out brand names:
They’re easily customizable to suit your needs
Staring at a blank page can be the hardest part of getting started—sometimes you want to put your own spin on an already generated name. That’s why all our results are non-specific, so you can alter them or expand your t-shirt company with ease.
They’re universal name suggestions, for diverse results
What’s better than t-shirt company names that sound good in English? Names that make sense across several different languages.
They’re easy to pronounce
People are more likely to remember a shirt company name that’s easy for them to pronounce and understand.
They represent what you’re all about
A good business name will hint at what your t-shirt brand represents. Try searching for the adjectives you want your brand to be known for—for a good quality clothing brand, for example, try terms like “durable” or “classic” or “fine.”
They provide a blank slate
Before Snapchat, there was “snap” and “chat.” By combining common words, brands give themselves a fresh start—a clean slate from which to make an impact. Think of some words that you feel embody your brand, and see how they pair together. You never know what might catch on.
They flatter the product (and the seller)
Stylish Tees might seem uninspired at first glance, but it implies the t-shirts are stylish, something customers value if they want to be seen as fashionable.
The t-shirt business name generator provides instant suggestions in three simple steps:
- 1. Think of a word that best describes your t-shirt brand
- 2. Enter it into the name generator field
- 3. Click on the “Generate names” button
And there you go! You now have 100 t-shirt company names to select from or use as inspiration.
When it comes to t-shirt business name ideas, it’s all about authenticity. Are your t-shirts for professionals, athletic wear, or high fashion? Consider the type of t-shirts you’re selling and who your customers will be. In general, successful t-shirt business names are:
- - Universal: this means the brand name makes sense across different languages
- - Easy to pronounce: you want your t-shirt brand name to be easy to find and remember
- - Non-specific: if you have a vision of expanding your shirt company, you may want to ensure your brand name isn’t too specific so you can include other products or services
These days business names are as diverse as the products and services themselves. Shopify’s free name generator is here to help inspire a creative and unique name for your business.
Catchy t-shirt business names are original, fresh, and memorable. As you brainstorm a name, consider employing these methods to inject a little fun or cuteness into it:
- - Alliterate (e.g. Terry’s T-Shirts)
- - Use acronyms (e.g. TSFL - T-Shirts For Life)
- - Rhyme (e.g. Three & Me T-Shirts)
- - Abbreviate (e.g. T-Shirt Bros.)
You can search words in Shopify’s free t-shirt company name generator tool, but here are some examples of funny words to include in a t-shirt business name:
- - Taffy (Taffy’s T-Shirts)
- - Silly (Silly Goose T-Shirts)
- - Wombat (Wombat T-Shirts)
- - Donut (Donut Co. T-Shirts)
- - Hello (Hello Goodbye T-Shirts)
- - Mr. or Mrs. (Mr. Curly’s T-Shirts)
Yes. The t-shirt company business name generator tool from Shopify is free to use for all businesses and entrepreneurs. You can run as many searches as you like!
Here are a few examples of popular t-shirt brand names for inspiration:
- - ABC (Advisory Board Crystals)
- - ASSID
- - ChinaTown Market
- - Holiday Brand
- - Everybody.World
- - Threadless
Ready to spend less time thinking of names and more time building your t-shirt company?
With Shopify’s t-shirt brand name generator, you can get 100 creative, relevant name ideas for your shirt company in just seconds.