- No monthly, account, or transfer fees1
- No minimum balance
- $0 ATM fees charged by Shopify1
- Skip the paperwork and sign up online in minutes
- Get paid as fast as the next business day3
- Automatically set aside sales tax
- Manage your money and business from one place
- Earn up to $2,000 cashback every year
Your business financial account
All-in-one financial management, faster payouts, and zero fees.1 Open your account in minutes—FREE.
Shopify partners with Stripe, Inc. and affiliated companies, and financial institution partners, including Evolve Bank & Trust, Member FDIC, and Celtic Bank, to offer money transmission, banking, and issuing services, respectively.
Meet Shopify Balance
The free business financial account built right into your Shopify admin.
Earn 3.86% on all your money
Shopify rewards you with 3.86% in the form of an annual percentage yield (APY) on all money held in your Balance account.2
Complete view of your business finances
Manage your money where you make it with comprehensive dashboards, filters, and reports.
Physical and virtual business spending cards
Earn cashback and exclusive rewards for everyday business purchases.
2 This is a reward provided by Shopify and is not interest. The rate is variable, subject to change without notice, and accurate as of March 1, 2024. The reward accrues daily, and is compounded and paid monthly in the form of a credit to your Balance account.
Not a bank account. Better.
Streamline business finances and make better money moves.
Skip the fees
No monthly, transfer, or ATM fees.1 Plus, no minimum balance required.
Get paid faster
Receive money from your Shopify sales up to 7 days earlier than a bank.3
Make money on your money
Put more money into your business with a 3.86% APY on any account balance.2
Stay on top of your finances
Open up to 5 extra accounts to organize funds—from bills and taxes to inventory and more.
Automatically set aside sales tax and sync transactions to your favorite accounting software.
Earn cashback on spending
Get a free spending card and earn cashback on eligible purchases.4
Earn more with Balance
Turn idle cash into extra earnings with 3.86% APY. Your money grows in Balance every month and compounds over time—no minimum or maximum limits on your account balance.
Earnings over time
The calculator is for illustrative purposes only. It assumes no rate changes and that your account balance at year 1 and all APY accrued remains in Shopify Balance.
Safeguard your money
Your Balance account is eligible for FDIC insurance up to $250,000.5
Manage your spending card
Protect your money at all times. Lock and unlock your card right from your admin.
Support you need, when you need it
Reach out to our support team via live chat 24/7.
Spend your money, your way
Use your spending card for everyday business purchases, in-store or online.
Get a custom card for your business
Receive a virtual card instantly and order a free physical card customized with your business name.
Use your card wherever Visa® is accepted
Pay bills, make business purchases, and withdraw cash at thousands of ATMs worldwide.1
Take advantage of Visa® benefits
Enjoy exclusive Visa® benefits, including rental car collision damage, travel and emergency assistance, and more.
Earn rewards that matter
2% cashback on business must-haves
No points to redeem, just real money to earn. Your rewards never go to waste with automatic cashback on eligible business purchases.4
Exclusive partner perks you can’t say “no” to
Unlock exclusive offers from Google, Snapchat, and other industry-leading partners to run and promote your business.
Get more with Shopify Balance
- $10+ average monthly fees
- Up to $5,000 minimum balance
- Up to $5 ATM, plus ATM provider fees
- In-person application that can take weeks to approve
- Payments may take up to 7 more business days3
- Complex tax integrations
- Finances and business managed on multiple platforms
- Limited or no rewards program available
Most business accounts are not built for ecommerce. With Shopify Balance, there are no fees which makes a huge difference.
- Maranta Plant Shop
- Michelle & Mag — Owners
Before Shopify Balance, my finances were all over the place. Shopify Balance helps streamline everything and keep my finances organized.
- Boba Bao Slimes
- Kristi — Owner
Spending for our business is so much easier.
- Gay Pride Apparel
- Sergio & Jesus — Owners
Get started with Shopify Balance
Learn how to manage your Shopify Balance account, card, and mobile app.
How to manage your business finances
Get expert tips on streamlining money management for your business.
Get the support you need
Reach out to Shopify’s dedicated team by live chat, email, or phone whenever you need support with Shopify Balance.
Recommended for you
Easily pay, schedule, and manage expenses from the same platform you run your business—free.7
Turn everyday business purchases to earn more cashback rewards with the pay in full card designed for entrepreneurs.8
Apply for founder-friendly capital to power your business. Keep bestsellers in stock, amplify your marketing, and more.9
Frequently asked questions
- Shopify partners with Stripe, Inc. and affiliated companies, and financial institution partners, including Evolve Bank & Trust, Member FDIC, and Celtic Bank, to offer money transmission, banking, and issuing services, respectively.
- 1Shopify Balance has no monthly, transfer, or hidden fees. Shopify doesn’t charge any ATM withdrawal fees, but you may be charged by an ATM provider.
- 2Shopify is providing a reward in the form of an annual percentage yield (APY) on the money you hold in Shopify Balance. The rate is variable, subject to change without notice, and accurate as of March 1, 2024. The reward accrues daily, and is compounded and paid monthly in the form of a credit to your Balance account. ACH transfer limits may apply.
- 3Payouts from Shopify Payments to your Shopify Balance account can take between 1 to 3 business days. This may be up to 7 days earlier than a bank. Payouts from Shopify Payments to an external bank account can take up to 5 days. Banks may also take up to 3 additional days to process transfers. Time frames vary by financial institution.
- 4Earn up to $2,000 USD cashback on all eligible purchases per calendar year. This cashback limit may not apply to Shopify Partner offers. Learn more
- 5Shopify Balance accounts are eligible for FDIC insurance up to $250,000 USD per depositor through Evolve Bank & Trust, Member FDIC. Stripe Treasury Accounts are eligible for FDIC pass-through deposit insurance if they meet certain requirements. The accounts are eligible only to the extent pass-through insurance is permitted by the rules and regulations of the FDIC, and if the requirements for pass-through insurance are satisfied. The FDIC insurance applies up to 250,000 USD per depositor, per financial institution, for deposits held in the same type of account (business versus personal, and so on). Neither Stripe nor Shopify are an FDIC insured institution and the FDIC’s deposit insurance coverage only protects against the failure of an FDIC insured depository institution.
- 6Traditional bank accounts are comprised of publicly available data from select business bank accounts of the top three (3) largest US banks by assets.
- 7Shopify Bill Pay has no subscription fees. Other transaction fees may apply.
- 8Shopify partners with Stripe Payments Company and Celtic Bank for Shopify Credit. Card products are issued by Celtic Bank and are subject to credit approval.
- 9All loans in the US through Shopify Capital are issued by WebBank.