STAYHOLD™ is a new Irish company founded by 3 guys in 2013 with a brand new product which aims to keep car trunks safe around the world.
Stayhold sticks the carpet in your car and holds loose objects in place prevent breakages and spillages. We came up with and designed Stayhold and then launched on Shopify where we received worldwide attention.
How did you earn your first sales? Which channels are now generating the most traffic and sales for you?
Our first sales came through our Shopify site and came from exposure from Stayhold being featured on a few design blogs. From here we had interest from retailers and it also sparked a lot of interest from consumers on our Shopify store.
Tell us about the back-end of your business. What tools and apps do you use to run your store? How do you handle shipping and fulfillment?
Shopify basically represents our entire backend. We use it for managing orders and keeping track of customers. We use Sumall for keeping track of stats, Orderlyprint is essential for processing orders, we love abandonment protector and Shopify product reviews ads a personal side to our site. We fulfil all of our orders through the Irish Post Office, An Post (...pronounced On Pust) and we pack all of our orders ourselves with love for each Stayhold we send out to our lovely customers.
What are your top recommendations for new ecommerce entrepreneurs?
Top recommendations for new store owners on Shopify:
1. Just go for it, it's super easy and you will have loads of fun
2. Install loads of apps and try them all out, it's amazing what you find you can do.
3. Play around with your themes and don't feel bad about changing your theme a good few times before you land on one you are happy with and gives you all the options you want.
4. Focus on what you really want to achieve with your Shopify site and try and stick to it. A definite goal will save your shop from having too much baggage. However, do make sure to provide enough information about what you do, who you are and what your products are.
5. Tell everyone about your new Shopify store!